Thank you for a record turnout in this year’s election: four times as many voters as last year! We’re counting the votes and doing our thing and will be back with the results on December 15.
- Best graffiti on a place you have no idea what it is One has to wonder what happens behind those walls?
- Dime Stories: Welcome to the Shitshow—Night One of the Presidential Debates The only thing comparable to last night's debate I'd ever witnessed before was when I was seven years old at Lincoln Park Zoo. I was in the Primate House and the apes were flinging heaping handfuls of chimp shit at each other. The only difference was they looked like they may have been having fun.
- Editor's Letter: February 2019 We asked thirty-three thought leaders in Chicago to share one big idea.
- Today in the Culture: March 17, 2021 | EXPO CHGO online lineup | Wiener Circle | Pritzker Architecture Prize ART Art fair online, redux EXPO CHGO ONLINE announced its lineup of eighty-one galleries for its virtual fair, running April 8-12, plus a slate of virtual programming, including solo sets by Jeff Tweedy, Glenn Kotche and Nels Cline of Wilco; a program with Ken Vandermark, Rosa Barba and Chicago Architecture Biennial Artistic Director David Brown and a program led by artist Theaster Gates.…
- Today in the Culture: March 26, 2021 | Good news/bad news in books | Trib nixes better offer for company FILM & TV Rebooting a shoot about rebooted humans CW is rebooting the 2004-2007 USA Network series "The 4400" and filming in Chicago. Here's the description: "In 'The 4400,' 4400 overlooked, undervalued, or otherwise marginalized people who vanished without a trace over the last hundred years are all returned in an instant, having not aged a day and with no…
- Today In The Culture, June 1, 2021: Greg Hall is Back in Beer | Jumaane Taylor Helms Rhythm World | Cocktails to Go a Go .