Tokie at Reese’s Lounge
“Can make an average picture look like a beautiful thang.” —Morris Day on “AYDKMN.”
1827 West 87th
Best of Chicago 2011
- Today in the Culture: March 9, 2021 | LaToya Ruby Frazier to the T | Death of a great bartender | Fox-ification at NewsNation ART Blue-collar eyes T, the New York Times Style Magazine, features a lengthy profile of Chicago artist LaToya Ruby Frazier in its most recent issue. Frazier is a Hall of Fame member of Newcity's Art 50 list and was most recently featured here on the occasion of her solo exhibition at the Renaissance Society. From the New York Times: "Frazier’s…
- Today in the Culture, July 30, 2021: Guns x Photography | Bridge Assembly Zones | About Face Is Back .
- Today in the Culture, May 19, 2021: Full Lolla | Nick Cave Retrospective | Pre-Broadway Is Back .
- Today In The Culture, April 6, 2022: Artadia Awards | Michelin Stars | Summer Fests Coming Back .
- Today In The Culture, April 8, 2022: EXPO Chicago Opens | Sundays on State Dates | Lime Scooters Are Back Porcupette/Photo: Jim Schulz/CZS-Brookfield Zoo ART EXPO Opens The Art Newspaper takes the measure of EXPO. WBEZ offers its highlights of the ninth edition of EXPO. The Trib looks at the display of the 2008 Obama "HOPE" portrait. The Reader asks, "What's fair about art fairs?" looking at the parallel "Barely Fair." The Chicago Defender checks out Black artists at EXPO.…
- Today In The Culture, October 27, 2021: Many Performing Organizations Still Not Live | Music Box Brings Christmas Back |CSO-TV Update .