- "You Will Always Be Different": Ted Ishiwari's Chicago Story Ted Ishiwari discusses a lifelong grappling with racism along with his father's ordeal of being uprooted and sent to a Japanese internment camp during World War II.
- Fear on LSD: Based on a “Terrifying” True Story “Newcity,” I tell my wife as we turn northbound onto Jean-Baptiste Pointe DuSable Lake Shore Drive, “is doing a special issue on fear.” “Oh,” she says, “that’s right up your dark alley. You’re afraid of everything.”
- That Happy Me from Gary: Tina Jenkins Bell's Chicago Story "When I think of home, I don’t think of a physical space. I think of family."
- What Cuts At My Soul: James Elder’s Story of Mama Lizzie I met James Elder in the early 1980s when he was a creative writing student at Columbia College Chicago, who was well known as a gifted writer. Many years later, in the middle of my first interview I stumbled across his story of Mama Lizzie.
- Today In The Culture, April 18, 2022: Reader in Peril | Howard Reich's Story Becomes Opera | RIP Bob Chinn .
- Today In The Culture, November 3, 2022: The Story of Mold-A-Rama | Cirque Du Soleil Returns | Forty Years of Vegan Thanksgiving .