By Bernie McGovern. Edited by Ivan Brunetti and Aaron Renier. (Click on image to enlarge.)
- Dime Stories: RNC Night Two—Prom Night for Pimps, Trolls and Mutants Say this for the ongoing criminal enterprise that is the Trump presidency: nothing is beneath them. When they find their way to one morally reprehensible bottom and you think they cannot go lower, they find a way to keep digging in order to achieve a greater depth of lawlessness and repellent behavior.
- Made in Chicago: Best Chicago-born condiment for perking up a boring sandwich Chicagoans put this spicy condiment on everything.
- Made in Chicago: Best Chicago-born nineties street dance to make an international comeback The heart of the dance is in the neighborhoods.
- Made in Chicago: Best Chicago-born Puerto Rican sandwich I was told it came from Costa Rican cuisine.
- Best Summer Date Night Restaurant You can sit amid fairy lights.
- Dime Stories: Welcome to the Shitshow—Night One of the Presidential Debates The only thing comparable to last night's debate I'd ever witnessed before was when I was seven years old at Lincoln Park Zoo. I was in the Primate House and the apes were flinging heaping handfuls of chimp shit at each other. The only difference was they looked like they may have been having fun.